[3830] CQWW SSB N9RV SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 1 07:45:32 EDT 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 18
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    1     1        1
   80:    6     5        5
   40:  226    22       31
   20:  273    31       81
   15:  844    30       74
   10:   50    12       25

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

Chest colds don't play well with SSB contests.  Just no voice for the first half
of the contest.  S&P by pushing memory buttons and running by whispering the
calls and using the memories wherever possible.  Friday night in particular was
tough.

Went assisted to try to avoid the frustration of people not signing their calls.
 It mostly worked.  But people were better about IDing this time also.

20 was the big surprise.  The bad was bad here when I was on.  Never did get a
JA run going there, probably missed the opening.  Got a lot of sand kicked on my
face on Sunday calling people.

15 and 40 meter Asia were excellent.  Second morning I wondered why 40 was so
washed out.  When the sun came up I could see that the 40/20 antennas were
pointed east!  Pin bolt had broken on the rotor, it was an easy fix (rotating
tower).

Never got the 10 meter prop everyone else did.  Scratched a few EU there but
nothing spectacular.