[3830] CQWW SSB KX2T SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 1 12:36:14 EDT 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: KX2T
Operator(s): KX2T
Station: KX2T

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Florida

  160:  N/A   N/A      N/A
   80:  106    10       47
   40:  130    17       55
   20:  270    28       83
   15:  352    29       87
   10:  787    27      104

Ian made my TH2 look like a quad, every trap was like a baby rattle so a week
before the test I totally rebuilt this antenna and fix three broken tabs on the
outside of the trap cans, now it works better than it ever had. My OCF was blown
out of the tree and have no idea were it landed with 145mph winds during Ian but
the balun and coax was still in the tree so I replaced the whole antenna with a
new HP version. I really didn't think I was going to op this past weekend but
things came together but still tired with all the yard cleanup we have been
doing but I got on and ten meters was smoking hot. Signals were packed even past
29 Mhz, it was outstanding. We had some RFI noise problems but to be honest its
good to have electricity again, will work on the RFI issues next year when
things hopefully return back to semi normal. Ten was soo hot I forgot about the
other bands, smaller station could actually do some decent runs, can't wait till
next year!
Station is a FTDX101D, Acom 1000, TH2 at 45ft.,OCF dipole for 75&40 at 60ft.