[3830] CQWW SSB KM8Q M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 3 16:19:51 EDT 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: KM8Q
Operator(s): N9NC W8ASA KM8AM
Station: KM8Q

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Urbana, OH
Operating Time (hrs): 47
OpMode: SO2R

  160:   12     4        4
   80:  149    16       52
   40:  331    29       86
   20:  820    38      118
   15:  714    32      116
   10:  647    32      117

Club: Storms Creek Contest Club

Comments:

This long Soapbox is one of thanks for help in completing my SK XYL, Karen,
KM8Q's last wish - creating a Contesting and DXing club focused on attracting
women and youth to these activities.

Thanks to so many, it happened:  KM8Q - Storms Creek Contest Club (SCCC).

Our very small operating team did a super job!  N9NC flew in from NH and W8ASA
did split duty operating and caring for his wife who was not feeling well.
Often, it was adrenalin that kept us going.

Many folks inspired Karen in the 42+ years she was a Ham.  From Rush Drake,
W7RM in the 70s to Craig Thompson, K9CT today, hams encouraged, counseled, and
worked with us to make it happen.  I'll miss so many, but thanks to Craig,
K9CT; Mike, W9RE; Tom, N9NC; Ted, N9NB; Jose, N4BAA; Paul, KD8OPN; Ken, W8ASA;
and countless others.

Additionally, a few folks such as Jeff at Green Heron Engineering; Jay at Array
Solutions, the late Kurt Andress, K7NV at Andress Technologies; the folks at
LUSO, Ken at JK Antennas; the team at Flex Radio, the staff at QRZ.com; and of
course Tim and the gang at DX Engineering played important roles, either
directly or indirectly, assisting us in building what we hope to be a future
mid-west, multi-two competitor.

A special thanks to the entire group at Contest University!  Karen really
enjoyed attending these fantastic events.  We learned so much.  Every
presenter over the years generously passed on their hard-earned knowledge to
future generation of contesters.  Well Done.

In conclusion, this was our "shakedown cruise." We learned about
ourselves and the station's capabilities.

We're always looking for feedback!  If you worked or heard KM8Q this weekend
and have a comment, please send it to: KM8Q at MBFTech dot net.  We really want
to know what went right or wrong and how we can improve.

Thanks for your patience and 73,

Ken, KM8AM and the budding crew at: KM8Q, the Storms Creek Contest Club (SCCC)