[3830] SS CW WB0TEV SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 6 22:16:20 EST 2022

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: WB0TEV
Operator(s): WB0TEV
Station: WB0TEV

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NTX
Operating Time (hrs): 3:21

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Had a bunch going on this weekend and the fact that CW SS had already started
escaped my notice Saturday afternoon.  Nonetheless, I jumped on around 0130Z
(2030 CDT) and decided to aim for a minimalist sweep, all 84 sections in 84 QSOs
 Obviously this was going to be an assisted Search and pounce affair.

Started off on 20 before the band died and and by 0150 I'd got some of the more
distant sections of AK, PAC and NT (thanks VY1CO).  Then moved to 40 and 80.
When I went QRT for the night around 0440Z, all I lacked was WTX, WV, MAR, LAX
and NL.

Got up Sunday am and found N5ZC on 80 for the WTX mult at 1137Z.  WA8KAN, also
on 80 followed at 1226Z to check off WV.  A few minutes later VE1RSM on 40m put
MAR in the log.  That just left NL and LAX (LAX??!!).  VO1BQ was spotted on 40,
I could hear him, but the pile was just enormous and then he disappeared.  With
the Mults & Qs window empty I took a shower and got ready for church.  A
spot for VO1BQ again appeared, this time on 20 where I could copy much better,
but again the pile was just incredible and he eventually QSY'ed, likely to go
search and pounce some mults himself.
A spot for WA6URY in LAX came up on 40 and after a few calls the only section
lacking was NL.  VO1BQ then reappeared CQing on 20m.  I think I managed to jump
in before the pile got too deep and at 1433Z he was in the log and I had the
sweep.  Total on air time was 3h21m.  Went to church and then spent the
afternoon slinging a chainsaw cutting up and hauling off the remains of a tree
that had fallen the backyard of friend K5PS.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.  See you in phone SS where I'll be
running like a mad man ;-).

Victor WB0TEV