[3830] SS CW KU8E Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 6 22:24:08 EST 2022

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 16:29

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

What a disaster! I started out as SO2R and when rearranging some coax cables I
damaged something in the front end of my Kenwood TS590SG. I was pissed off at
myself for doing something stupid like that. It has transmit power but the
receiver is totally dead on all bands. So I will have to send it off to be
repaired. I quit in frustration on Saturday night and went to bed. Got up on
Sunday morning and got back on with my one radio - a Elecraft K3/100. I also was
getting some ARC FAULT errors on my Acom 1000 every once in awhile. I must have
a bad ground on a piece of coax somewhere that I need to find.

Nice to work a couple VY1 stations. I thought I was going to miss a sweep. I was
missing ENY (!) for a long time but finally had one call. Ended up working a few
others later. LAX was my last section. I broke a pileup to NI6W on 20 meters to
get a sweep. I worked other three LAX stations later on 40 meters.

Jeff KU8E