[3830] SS CW K4BAI Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 6 23:08:16 EST 2022

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 23:39

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Had everything set up perfectly before the start using my single element wire
antennas.  Everything wss working perfectly.  Then was on 15 using the 88' cf
zepp antenna and after four QSOs, some RF got into the computer and the GH
antenna switch went out and I couldn't get it back up.  The WinKeyer went out
and I couldn't get it to work again.  Tried turning off N1MM+ and bringing it
back up and it didn't help. Tried turning computer off and back on and that
didn't help. Couldn't switch antennas.  So found an adapter and hooked the
paddle to the internal keyer in the TS590SB and sent manually with that for
about 7 hours.  Could only use the zepp and with the Palstar tuner, it wouldn't
tune 10M.  Late at night, was operating on 80 and couldn't get the zepp to tune
on that band at all.  And couldn't change antennas unless I went out in the dark
and brought some coaxes into the shack (if they would reach).  So tried to shut
down and reboot the computer again, and after a lot of trial and error, I got
the antenna switch on line again.  So, I could use the other antennas and not
use the zepp with its newly developed RF problems.  Then tried the Winkeyer
again and it worked also.  So was able to operate the late 13 1/2 hours with
computer keying and no RFI.  And could select any antenna (but didn't select the
zepp).  First time to send that many CQs and contest exchanges manually since I
got my first MFJ Memory Keyer about 40 years ago.  I really wanted to make 1000
QSOs, as always, going was slow toward the end.  Last mult was VO2AC.  Many
thanks.  thanks for all qSOs.  Look for KU8E, K4BAI, K4AB, and N8VW to be QRV as
PJ4A in CQ WW CW later this month.  73, John, K4BAI.