[3830] SS CW W6YX(N7MH) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 7 02:44:36 EST 2022

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N7MH
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Stanford
Operating Time (hrs): 10:01
OpMode: 2BSIQ

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Too much happening on the home front to be able to spend much time in this one.
I decided to put in 10 hours but went a minute over when I had two more callers
after the 10:00 mark was reached.

It took a while to get comfortable with 2BSIQ and the long SS exchange so the
first hour was mostly running on 10 with rare S&P calls on 15 when they
could be synchronized with a break in the run. My first hour was 105 Qs and I
headed home after 3 hours and 251 Qs. I later got on for 3 hours in the very
early morning and for 4 hours that started just before 2100Z on Sunday.

The sections I missed were LAX, SDG and VI. I never heard SDG or VI, and
checking RBN shows my 10 hours overlap KP2M's 12 hours by less than an hour. I
tried calling NI6W and WA6URY in LAX on 20 Sunday afternoon but couldn't break
the pileups.

I recall that LA (as it was sent then) was the most common California section in
my first few SS efforts in the early 70s, operating from southern Oregon.

73,
-Mike, N7MH