[3830] SS CW N1LN SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 7 07:05:16 EST 2022

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 17
OpMode: SO2R

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Once again I had the same two goals for SS this year. A sweep as fast as
possible and then to make 1000 Qs. The sweep was MUCH easier this year with
totally outstanding activity from all sections. My final section was MB and came
just over 3 hours in. The 1000 Q goal was not that easy. As many have probably
already said and many more are thinking.... SUNDAY.... UGGGGG. The 1000 Q mark
was finally reached at 2252 and I quit. Yes, I could have stayed on until the
end and still been well within the allowable 24 hour total, but Sunday is too
painful. In the remaining 4 hours I could have made.... what... 40 or 50 more
Qs? NOPE!

Couple of complaints.

First - what is the need to send 3 digit serial numbers before you actually have
100 Qs or more? This exchange is long enough without adding leading zeros and,
for the weaker signals it sometimes forces a request for a repeat. Was that a
ZERO or a ONE?

Second - why do some operators send MUCH faster than they can copy? I typically
QRS for slower ops and try to match their speed. However - well, enough said.

Looking forward to CQWW-CW and the 160 CW contests!

73,
Bruce N1LN