[3830] SS CW WS1L SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 7 08:02:50 EST 2022

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: WS1L
Operator(s): WS1L
Station: WS1L

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: WMA
Operating Time (hrs): 14:31

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Elecraft K4, KPA500 amp, Mosley PRO-67B and wires from western Mass.

I had hoped to put in a full 24 hours this year but with both my wife and I
having chest colds I decided to just work towards a Clean Sweep.  I had entered
SS several times before but never managed it due to either work or family time
commitments.

This year 10 meters opened fast - some of my best rates.  After that 20 proved
really productive.  I kept a close eye on the Sections window and whenever a box
turned red I QSY'ed to grab it.  By the time I went QRT about 2130 local I had
79 sections and was missing LAX, BC, MAR, ENY and QC.

Sunday morning was time for 80 meters and running.  I started early, just after
5:30 AM and 80 meters gave me an 83 QSO hour.  Even better, I was called by a
couple of ENY stations and a MAR station.  Only three to go.

Later in the morning I moved up to 40, then 20, then 15.  I found BC and QC
after a few hours but the elusive LAX didn't show until WB6CIA showed up on 10
meters for my Sweep.  I heard a few more LAX stations later on while combing the
bands but it was definitely one of the harder sections to work.

I finally went QRT about 9 PM on Sunday, just too tired to keep on.  Maybe next
year I'll be in good health!