[3830] SS CW NI0K Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 7 09:17:42 EST 2022

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: NI0K
Operator(s): NI0K
Station: NI0K

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MN

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Another one in the books. My strategy was to search for sections... but alas
missed two. Most of the contest was S&P  and relaxed operating, but I did
have a nice run on 10. Propagation and noise levels were favorable. I compared
my 2 element Yagi at 80' to a 20' high dipole: most of the time the dipole won,
sometimes as much as 25 dB! Sweeps need a high angle. My sketchy CW skills were
a good match - most ops running around 24 WPM which are pretty good. The long
exchange made for a tough slog and I had trouble remembering the 'work once' per
contest rule. I had FUN and that's what counts.