[3830] SS CW WP3TT(@WP3C) Multi-Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 7 11:18:09 EST 2022

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: WP3TT
Operator(s): WP3TT WP3C K2IN
Station: WP3C

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: PR
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Remote Operation

It is great to see high activity on 10M, this is a very good sign for things to
come and this contest year!

First, as the first operator to start Saturday night, I would like to apologize
for all of those that called and the numerous repeats at the beginning of the
contest. In Puerto Rico, there was a low-pressure system that was developing
over the island throughout Saturday with some strong wind gusts and heavy rain
and storms. The connection on my computer was extremely weak and kicked me out
of FLEX numerous times and strong delays. There were also quite a few power
surges that did not impact the laptop, but would reset my internet each time and
would have to wait until the connection was restored again. With a mixture of
higher QRN than normal, power surges and a weak connection, most signals sounded
like I was working stations over the North Pole and fluttery. After realizing
the connection was not getting any better, the other operators took turns as it
seemed to be my local internet connection.

The sweep was relatively easy this year to be honest. VY1CO called in within a
few minutes at the beginning of the contest and even worked VY1AAA on 10M! ND
was found Sunday morning for the sweep, all other stations worked before QRT
Saturday night.

Sunday morning is always our worst time of the contest. It is a struggle as
everyone stays on 40/80M for local contacts until late morning before going to
20M (where we camp and just wait for people to work us). It was so bad that I
actually took one of our 30-minute breaks Saturday morning when I had another
power surge. It picked up nicely throughout the day with many Q stations in the
log.

It was fun to watch the scoreboard and races going on, especially watching K1LZ
claw back Sunday little by little and a former FRC race between N2NT and AA3B.
Each contest we ALWAYS post our score and recommend all fellow contestants to do
the same. It makes it fun and drives everyone to do better and stay in the
seat.

See you all in CQWW CW at the end of the month.