[3830] SS CW K8GU Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 7 12:30:50 EST 2022

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K8GU
Operator(s): K8GU
Station: K8GU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OH

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Elecraft K2/100, Drake L-4B (at ~1 kW), 80-meter dipole at 50 feet fed with
open-wire through a Ten-Tec 238 and homebrew 1:1 balun, TRLinux 0.50gu
software.

Missing multipliers: QC, NL, ONN, and UT (of all places)

I have been sporadically active from this QTH since we moved here three years
ago. This summer/fall, I've been taking down a large number (>12) of mature
(>70 feet tall) black locust trees, about half of which were at least
partially hollow and losing limbs, in order to get ahead of future tree work.
So, I took down all of my antennas.  I got this one back up for the Fall
contests and DXpeditions just before WW SSB.  Once I get the debris cleaned up
(and drop a couple more locusts), I'll be able to put up an AB-621 with a C-3S
(or C-4S, if I can figure out the loading on the 40-meter element) at 50 feet.

Thanks for the QSOs!

73,

--Ethan, K8GU.
https://www.k8gu.com/ (woefully out-of-date)