[3830] SS CW K1DG Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 8 09:32:09 EST 2022

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K1DG
Operator(s): K1DG
Station: K1DG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NH

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My goal was simple: Earn a Clean Sweep mug. No assistance.

I operated off and on, mostly S&P, with a bit of running here and there on
bands where I figured I could reel in easy sections that way.

Several times I heard a guy in a needed section finishing a QSO with someone he
called, so I moved up a kHz of so and either called the guy or called CQ. Worked
almost every time.

Last 3 were ONN, LAX, and VE7. Found VE3ZI on 20. A few minutes later I QSYed to
15 and first station I heard was VE3CX in ONN.

Two to go. I tuned through 15 and 20 several times calling every 6 but none was
in LAX. Finally heard a huge pileup on NI6W in LAX. All the cluster users were
zero beat so I dialed up maybe 200 Hz and got him on the first call.

Finding a VE7 was a little easier because I could ignore any call not starting
with a V. Heard several VE5s and 6s on 20 so I knew the band was open
thattaway.

On the second sweep of the band I tripped over VE7XF finishing a QSO, worked
him, then went to 40 and ran a bit to give out some Qs to the hungry SO2R and
cluster guys. When the callers stopped so did I.

Now I don't have to do phone SS.