[3830] WAE RTTY WQ6X(@W7AYT) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 13 19:16:23 EST 2022

                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY - 2022

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: W7AYT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Concord, Ca.
Operating Time (hrs): 11:54

   80:    1    0      4
   40:   28    0     42
   20:    8    0     10
   15:   41   10     40
   10:   58   70     50
-------------------------
Total:  136   80    146  Total Score = 31,336

This was another ad-Hoc WAE RTTY GiG from the SF East Bay section.
I spent time co-oping NX6T for JIDX Ssb, costing me some WAE hours.
The trick to this contest is of course finding enough non-NA stations
to dump my QTC traffic.  End the end, 56 QTC messages were undelivered.
Similar to recent contest activities, 10-meters has been THE band and
20-meters has been the band that DIDN'T deliver.

The FT-2000 ran full-duty RTTY into a 3-el Long John Yagi for 10-meters,
along with the WQ6X 8JK Cobra array and Comet CH-250 vertical (which helped
me get around the 20-meter RFI in the shack).
I was disappointed by poor activity in the evening hours of both days.
Oh well, at least it was a LoT of fun.
LooK for a write-up on this GiG at: http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com