[3830] WAE RTTY NN4RB Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 14 09:36:42 EST 2022

                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY - 2022

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FM07ii
Operating Time (hrs): 12:15

   80:   28     0    44
   40:   69    30    93
   20:   54    50    60
   15:   22    30    30
   10:   42   130    52
-------------------------
Total:  215   240   279  Total Score = 126,945

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I got my first QSO at 12:21 local time on Saturday for a late start.  I had
checked out the station  earlier in the week so that was behind me.  I just had
to operate.  Spent a little over 12 hours BIC time according the N1MM+, but I
felt it was longer.  I did take my share of breaks and rest.  Bands were not
that good on Saturday, but Sunday morning was good for me.  I spread out my QSOs
and time on multiple bands.  I was a little surprised that 40-meters had the
best multipliers.  My goal at the start was to do better than I had in previous
WAE-RTTY contests.  Looking back at the scores and that should not be hard to
do.  Another goal was to do better had QTCs.  The last time I did any, I started
with receiving them and messed up on the first try and didn't try anymore.  This
time I started with transmitting and did a couple of those to get my confidence
up.  Then I did some receive with no problems.  Turns out I kind of liked the
QTCs except late in the contest when there was so much of it that I spend a lot
of time waiting on QTCs to end to work a station.  All my contacts were S&P.
 Locals heard were K4CUE, W4PK, and W4WWQ.  Interesting I worked Pete (W4WWQ)
and his call was also one that I exchanged in a QTC.  Had fun.

Rick Brown
NN4RB

IC-7610
SteppIR 3E with 40 option
32' Vertical on top of metal roof shed
80-meter dipole Optimized Wideband antenna at 50'