[3830] KRC SST KG5U Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Nov 18 16:14:33 EST 2022

                    K1USN Slow Speed Test - Nov 18

Call: KG5U
Operator(s): KG5U
Station: KG5U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

   40:   3      3
   20:  33     20
   15:   1      1
Total:  37     24  Total Score = 888

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

888 -- the sign of "is that all you worked amongst all your mistakes, bad
keyboarding and otherwise dumb moves??"
Nonetheless, thanks to all for the QSOs I did manage to get.
73,
dale, kg5u

xcvr: K4D, 100w
ant: AV-640 (20-10), 40m Inv vee @ 70ft, 80m Inv vee at 70ft
sw: N1MM+
keyer: WKUSB & Kent iambic paddles & N1MM+
today's litany of fubar errors:
1. setting up for contest and the computer hanging up...turned out a windows
update had been made and it locked up, forcing me to do a re-boot...with the
update. First QSO at 2011z.
2. i must have broken 3 or 4 callsigns, all requiring queries for repeats.
3. moving to 15m thinking/hoping it was more populated than 20m....it wasn't.
4. fat-fingering the keyboard way too many times--I'd blame the new keyboard,
but i've been touch typing since i was 13.
5. and just making wrong decisions as to where in the band to place myself for a
possible CQ run that would help me catch up to the time -- iow, make more than 1
Qso per minute. Ended up with 37 Q's for the 60 minutes.
Still and all, good fun at a leisurely pace and getting more manual paddle time
than n1mm F-key keying time.
sigh....