[3830] SS SSB VY1AAA(VE1RM) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 20 21:38:57 EST 2022

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: VY1AAA
Operator(s): VE1RM
Station: VY1JA

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NT
Operating Time (hrs): 11
Remote Operation

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Always fun to put VY1 on for SS!

This was a challenge as VY1JA has been rebuilding his tower, and we had
no decent antennas up!

Station:
TS-590S + RF2KS Amp.
20m Inverted V at 22 feet apex
80m Inverted V at 22 feet apex
Full-size 1/4-wave ground plane on 40m (thank God!)

The TS-590s locked up about 7 hours into the contest, and it required an AC
Supply disconnect to recover.  J was out for the evening, so I lost a lot of
time for the low bands and did not return until the morning on Sunday.

VY1CO was very active, so the multiplier was well represented.

Always a blast to work good friends in my favorite of all contests (well, CW is
my most favorite!)

J and I will continue to improve the station.

73,

Gerry, VE1RM/W1VE
AKA VY1AAA