[3830] SS SSB NE5B Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 20 22:43:45 EST 2022

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: NE5B
Operator(s): NE5B
Station: NE5B

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

This as all of my previous contests I was Literally using 100 watts and a wire.
(well ok I fudged - 2 end-fed wires.)

Antenna 1 EndFed Half Wave on 49:1 unun cut for 40-10 extremely low swr on 40,
20, 15, 10 but unusable on 75 with internal tuner

Antenna 2 Endfed Random length on 9:1 unun also cut for and good for 40-6
without tuner and 75/80 with tuner.

Rig Yaesu Ft991A.
Utilized my Heil Headset for parts of the contest but mostly used a dynamic mic
on a boom and the 991a built in speaker.

N1MM+ logging program - have a lot to learn to let the program do more of the
work for me.

Operations were hunt and pick, going mainly for the multis I needed.
Manually Used DX Cluster to help find some of the mults.

Had I realized with this little of an effort I could get 67 of the 84 sections I
would have worked a little harder in the prepping for the contest and longer
during the contest.   Next year!!!

73 Ben - ne5B