[3830] SS SSB K0XF Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 20 23:43:16 EST 2022

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: K0XF
Operator(s): K0XF
Station: K0XF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Colorado

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Tough contest running low power and a wire antenna.  Antenna is a 144' long
doublet up ~ 60' and tunable for all bands.  Conditions were OK, but not
exceptional.  I missed three sections, NM, NL & ONN, never heard them?  I'm
surprised that I missed N.M. and searched very hard for it late in the contest.
Signals were strong on 40, but I could never get a run going and had trouble
working many stations.  15 was my best band and I was always able to find an
open frequency, call CQ and hold it.  Still, for a phone contest it was fun, and
I did better than expected.