[3830] SS SSB W9QL SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 21 10:33:29 EST 2022

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: W9QL
Operator(s): W9QL
Station: W9QL

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Just like CW Sweepstakes, I had all but one section when I took a break Saturday
night. This time it was the dreaded Curse of Santa Barbara. That Curse has
bitten me several times in the past and cost me the Sweep. I came across W8GJK
on 15 Sunday afternoon but he was spotted before I could work him. Then,all heck
broke loose and 100 watts with a wire couldn't get through. Took a break to go
out to lunch with my wife. Got home and started back up. I kept checking 15 in
the hope SB would show up and I found him before he was spotted. Celebrated the
Sweep and kept plugging away. Thanks to all who spotted me, that made for some
good runs without the pressure of looking for needed sections toward the end.
This is the first time I ever got both a CW and SSB Sweep the same year. Happy
Thanksgiving to all.

Dave
W9QL