[3830] CQWW CW VE9AA SOSB15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 27 18:58:22 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 22:47
OpMode: SO2R

   15: 1978    27      109
Total: 1978    27      109  Total Score = 696,320

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

The goal this year was to simply beat last years score (and try out a new
technique in same band SO2R-ing), which is a PB in this category (SOSB15m HP)
for me.  unassisted.

HEre's how the scores stacked up, even though I found condx about the same as
last year

2021:
Operating Time (hrs): 21:11

Band	QSOs	Zones	Countries
15:	1378	27	100
10:
Total:	1378	27	100	Total Score	447,294

Total:  1978	27	109	Total Score	696,320

Same # zones but 600 more Q's and score up by 250k (give/take)
Who could complain about that?  I don't know if it was mostly solar flux or the
in-band SO2R that I did.  I felt that I roughly snagged 10% of my mults when
doing same band S&P-ing much like an SO2V op would, but I used 2 radios and
2 separate antennas and amps.

I was always waiting to do something stupid and let the smoke out of 1 radio but
some new button presses and learned techniques always got me w/i 10kcs of my run
frequency.  I don't think I could do this on all bands from here, but
measurements on 15m made it safe (also long as I didn't have both radios on the
exact same QRG----sweated all w/e on this)

Solar flux wavered and dropped all week.  What seemed very easy from the Caymans
last month on SSB was real work from VE9.  There is no comparing prop from the
lower latitudes and a fantastic station on salt water to up here with smaller
antennas, hi!

Sounded like Bill, ZF2SS was having fun there this weekend !

I am *STILL* looking for a ACB-10, 10m 4-Square by Comtek !

CU (all of a sudden!) in the next one.

Mike VE9AA \"NB\"
2 x IC7410......small amps (sometimes) and N1MMLogger+
Radio#1

15-4 SQ (vertical wire dipoles a la VDA/K8UR Comtek controller)

Radio#2 ZS6BKW (modded to incl 15m) @ 35\'

No RX antennas.
QZB=spread out, you\'re all Zero Beat !