[3830] CQWW CW K3PP SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 27 19:22:33 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K3PP
Operator(s): K3PP
Station: K3PP

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 13
Remote Operation

  160:   12     6        7
   80:   43    11       39
   40:  194    25       85
   20:  160    27       90
   15:  107    26       84
   10:  117    23       85
------------------------------
Total:  633   118      390  Total Score = 893,064

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I love this contest and I hade great ambitions for this year. Alas, I had some
unwelcome visitors that took me out of commission for much of the weekend. I
suffered a severe kidney stone attack on Thursday that kept me up all night. By
Friday midday, I was feeling better but exhausted from a sleepless, painful
night.

I started out pretty well, but fatigue got the best of me and I shut down early.
I awoke Saturday and got off to a decent enough start, but the pain was back. I
was off and on most of the day because the pain was terrible. By 3:00 PM local
time, my wife and I were off to the hospital ER. That took a good 8 hours and
they weren't able to help me much. By the time we got back home, I was hammered.
I went to bed and finally slept pretty well. I started again Sunday, but it was
another painful day.

N1MM generously said I put in 13 hours, but what time I did put in was
punctuated by many breaks to wait for the pain to subside - some short, some for
hours. It was not exactly a fun weekend and certainly NOT the weekend I had
planned. When I realized this contest would be a downer, I thought I might be
able to pull off at least a million points - three million short of my goal. I
came up short of that goal too, but even amidst such intense discomfort, working
my friends around the world on CW made the weekend better! Thank you! Now, I
need to schedule some time with a urologist tomorrow.