[3830] CQWW CW N2NL SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 27 19:28:27 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: N2NL
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: N2NL

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Brooksville FL
Operating Time (hrs): 37
Remote Operation

  160:   47    12       33
   80:   63    14       54
   40:  147    26       89
   20:  285    33      114
   15:  293    35      125
   10:  548    31      124

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Spiderbeam at 50ft, verticals for 40-160 (top and base loaded for 160)
YCCC RX circle array (modified boards by VE6WZ)
HP on 10/160, LP on 15/20/40/80
Remote - no VFO!

Unfortunately I was not able to travel down to FL this weekend, so I was remote.
 Frequency control via DXLog, since I don't have a VFO for my remote setup.

Plan was to get on and see what I can work in my first DX contest from my Forida
QTH.  With my KPA500 failure, I don't have a remote tunable amp, but I can
remotely power on two amps I have pre-tuned.  One was set for 10m, the other
160m.

I had a blast on 10m and felt loud there.  I seem have held my own on 15m
despite the low power.  20m was meh - I was unable to work some loud polar guys
without the amp, stuff like DU3T, V85RH, 9M6NA, etc. But I did OK into EU and
JA.  40 and 80 were so frustrating.  I could hear so much stuff that I could not
work.  I felt puny weak on 80m.  So much left on the table on these bands.  160m
was decent, though conditions the first night seemed highly absorbed.  In
hindsight, a single band 10 entry would have probably been more fun and less
frustrating (at times), but I wanted to see how all bands played.

The QTH seems really great, and I actually have a negative horizon toward EU and
JA (in Florida!).  Very quiet location also.  Future plans include a tower once
the house is done, hopefully within 24 months or so.  Just waiting for my
daughter to graduate from high school here in AL before moving down full time.

Thanks for the Qs!
73, Dave N2NL