[3830] CQWW CW N4CW SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 27 20:06:17 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: N4CW
Operator(s): N4CW
Station: N4CW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NC - Zone 5
Operating Time (hrs): 20:22

   80:   83    12       40
   40:  219    18       62
   20:  505    20       64
   15:  402    17       62
   10:  403    15       65

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Aren't sunspots wonderful? What fun! The high bands were really productive this
year. And I observed a very peculiar phenomenon on Sunday morning, just before
sunrise; I was hearing DX from all over on 40 Meters...JA's, VK's, KH6, OH, DL,
VE, and even Central America! ...like shootin' fish in a barrel...Wow!
Due to my current antenna situation, all I had on 80 was an inverted-vee with
the apex at 65 feet, a vertical dipole hung at an angle from the tower to my X9
which was inoperative due to turkey buzzards pecking at the vaious exposed parts
and pooping on just about everything they could up there...that manifested
itself in "arc faults". Instead, I used an 8-element log periodic at
35 feet, fixed on Europe!...that was my 20-10 antenna. I can describe what I had
for antennas as "modest". It's really in the tribander/dipole
category. With that, plus a recently-acquired Alpha 8410, I got great results. I
did miss a bunch of mults over time due to not being able to break pileups, but
I did manage okay!
Thanks to the many, many, fine CW ops out there...their quality improves every
year!
Thanks for the Q's and thanks be to the sponsors of this super event. 73