[3830] CQWW CW K5GN(@W5KU) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 27 20:11:20 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K5GN
Operator(s): K5GN
Station: W5KU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 28
OpMode: 2BSIQ

  160:   33    12       23
   80:  121    16       47
   40:  388    24       75
   20:  453    31       87
   15:  682    29       99
   10:  467    28       91

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Thanks again to Dennis, W5KU, for allowing me to hog the station for the
weekend.

Recovering from surgery a week ago, so not a full effort.  God has been very
good to me and my health is improving.

Started Saturday mid-day due to bad storms in the area Friday night.  Lots of
DXing and a little napping in between practicing SO2R and 2BSIQ.  Murphy got my
XYL to go outside and trip the entry alarm during the 14Z hour, when I was going
as fast as I could.  Ah, well, next year.

So many signals in the noise, with space weather not as good as one would wish,
but the bad local wx cleared out after Saturday morning, just like 2020.

Only hardware failure was the rotator on the low 40, stuck ENE.  Can't climb for
at least a month, so it will have to sit until 2023.

Great to hear more of the world with more sunspots! Sad not to work more UR/RU
but grateful for those who were on.  Here's to better condx and a calmer world
in 2023!

73

Dave K5GN