[3830] CQWW CW K6LL SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 27 20:40:26 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K6LL
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: AZ

  160:    3     3        3
   80:   10     8        9
   40:  182    30       77
   20:  192    32       92
   15:  401    30      101
   10:  244    25       66

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I had a big deal going on Friday, so I couldn't get on until Saturday morning.
As time went on, I set a goal of 1M points.  I had a relaxing Saturday evening
with dinner & Netflix with XYL Jacki. When I hit 1M on Sunday afternoon, I
notice that I had about 850 Q's, so I decided to try for 1000.  Fortunately
there was a great 10M opening to the Pacific & Japan on Sunday, right until
the end, and I made the 1000Q's.  I was surprised at how good 10 was, given that
the solar flux was around 110 for most of the weekend.  I was also surprised at
how many JA's showed up on Sunday afternoon. My theory is that the aging JA ham
population doesn't have to go to work anymore, and they are looking for some
contest action on their Monday morning.

Working conditions:
K3 x 2, AL-1500 x 2.
Tribander, short 2 el 40, half sloper, all on a 48 foot tower.

The crowded neighborhood has gone to the dogs though, with noise levels
constantly increasing from consumer electronics.  But it was still fun.

.