[3830] CQWW CW K7SS SO(A)SB15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 27 22:27:47 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7SS

Class: SO(A)SB15 HP
QTH:

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

...while running JAs on Friday at the start of this CQWW, it all seemed a bit
familiar....hmmm...
perhaps a bit of a deja-vu feeling.

...then late on Saturday morning, while chasing those few EUs that I could copy,
on the scatter path to the SE, and after straining over and over to copy 3B8M
well enough to call them, and with no success, I might add, that it hit me...
Ive done this exact sequence before..!!!.

so looking up my 3830 from  last year I found this for my 2021 CQWW CW 15m/A
report.

"Welcome back 15 Meters ! The front door was propped partially open up here
in PNW, but the breadbasket of most of the EU mults was not heard. Maybe next
time. Western Eu and Z33 made it here fine, however. Heard just a whisper from
3B8M and never loud enough to copy"

Indeed had not planned to do 15, and left the decision to right before the
start. But here I was again, in the same boat, with no paddle...well a bit of a
better partial paddle...this year was markedly better on 15, and wound up having
ton of fun working what I could hear.  and ad a nice over the top Aurora
sounding opening to OH LA SM and RL3A !!

but did spend in inordinate pile of time chasing 3B8M again...both mornings..
and again... no luck.  The final straw was when W6YA sent them a quick
"still s9 here" while i strained to even hear them. hahaha ...oh the
joy of propagation!

A single band at this time of the cycle is good fun to operate.. lots of sleep..
some football...lots of ASIAN Qs ...and the spice of whatever DX I could
wrangle.

FUN INDEED!!!
what a bunch of great Ops..! CW FOREVER.

73 de Danny K7SS

ic756pro2, Acom 1000, Steppir at 48ft. (and yes, computer logging!)