[3830] CQWW CW K2AX M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 27 22:57:13 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K2AX
Operator(s): NY3B AK2S KE2D
Station: K2AX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: New Jersey

  160:   78    14       44
   80:  466    21       86
   40:  906    30      111
   20: 1018    35      124
   15: 1088    31      124
   10:  835    27      110

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

We were very glad to see the return of 10m to this contest.  While not quite as
good as SSB last month, this is by far the most QSOs we’ve made on 10m during
CQWW CW in a number of years. Of course time spent on 10m is time not spent on
other bands so our numbers on 20m are down vs last year. Overall we’re still
up by over 1,000 QSOs. Conditions were very good overall despite the A index
hitting 20 on Friday night and then 16 again during most of Sunday.  The added
noise hurt 160m and 80m as well. The new west-facing 10m antenna paid off once
again and helped us work a bunch of mults and stations to the west that would
have been difficult or impossible in the past. Thanks as always to Mark, Donna,
and the O’Brien family for letting us use the great station and invade their
home again for the weekend.