[3830] CQWW CW PJ4A M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 27 23:37:05 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: PJ4A
Operator(s): KU8E K4BAI N8VW PJ4NX
Station: PJ4A

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Bonaire

  160:  195    17       56
   80:  291    25       88
   40: 2639    36      126
   20: 1339    37      124
   15: 1428    35      128
   10: 1662    34      117

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

We ran a classic M/S operation with one run station and one multiplier station.
We'll probably never be competitive against the likes of P33W and others, who
use in-band stations or have 10 operators manning multiple stations. It would be
hard for us to do that so we operate the contest to be somewhat competitive and
importantly have fun. For K4BAI and I it's very hard to get anyone to travel
with us to Bonaire over the Thanksgiving holiday for a radio contest. Both of
our wife's are very understanding about our ham radio contesting addiction! John
got his WRTC partner Larry, K4AB to join us this year. We also had Pat, N8VW who
I went to college with at Ohio State.

The morning we flew down here (Wednesday) was a very bad experience to say the
least. I almost missed my flight from Atlanta to Miami because of a long line to
go thru security. This was at 4:30 AM ! I got lucky and got to the gate at the
last minute. When our flight got near MIA everything was in a holding pattern
because of heavy fog. No one was landing or taking off. The flight John and I
were on eventually landed with plenty of time to spare to make our connecting
flight to Bonaire. We thought for sure both K4AB and N8VW were going to miss the
connecting flight to Bonaire. They ended up delaying the flight to Bonaire for 2
hours. N8VW made it but K4AB wasn't so lucky because his plane was diverted to
Sarasota, FL. By the time he got to gate in MIA he missed the flight by about a
couple minutes because they had already shut the door and wouldn't open it. What
a major mess and a stressful day!  Thanks to Peter, PJ4NX for coming over and
helping us man the multiplier station.

The contest went very well. Lots of high QSO rates and great conditions. We made
over 400 more QSO's this year then we did in 2021. I also think this is our
highest multiplier total since we've been operating PJ4A in CQWW CW.

Hopefully we can come back next year. K4BAI just turned 80 years old this year.
Praying he will be in good health to do it again in 2023.

Jeff KU8E for the PJ4A team.