[3830] CQWW CW YL3JA SO(A)SB15 Youth LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 28 02:11:07 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: YL3JA
Operator(s): YL3JA
Station: YL3JA

Class: SO(A)SB15 LP
Class Overlay: Youth
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):
Remote Operation

   15:  462    32      102

Club: Latvian Contest Club

Comments:

This year, unfortunately I had to be in the University the whole Saturday.
But, there is a good thing as well, I was forced to finally look into remote
stuff and it actually works. With a little bugs that I have to fix the next
time, but overall it works.

So Friday evening I set the station up for remote operation on 15m, using 40m
vertical antenna, because I still can’t rotate antenna remotely, so I used
something that doesn’t rotation.
The biggest issue with remote work was that when I logged off and then back on,
I had no audio and the software were kicking me out every 3 hours, that was a
challenge. Once I sent my sister and mom to the station to get my audio back :D

First days operation was far from serious. I was making QSO’s during lectures
and in the breaks.
These were my first steps in the remote operation from my site, it will get
better.

Next day I went on site and finally operated with a proper rotatable yagi
antenna.
November daylight is short here, but in the morning I had a great opening to JA
and BY, decent run even with a 100 w.
Evening was okay to NA as well, just wanted it to last about longer.

Oh and 100 DXCCs on one band :)

Tnx for QSO’s cu in next ones.