[3830] CQWW CW N1LN SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 28 07:46:41 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 30.5
OpMode: SO2R

  160:   43    14       28
   80:  220    19       79
   40:  535    31      104
   20:  665    34      116
   15:  663    30      122
   10:  434    28      106

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Wow – what great conditions. I was ALMOST able to take advantage of them. Yes,
my entry will indicate SO2R, but that didn’t last long. My K3-right decided it
was a good time to go deaf on Saturday afternoon about 20:00 UTC. I think the
problem will be easy to fix (replace D25), but Mr. Murphy decided when the
failure should occur. Running only one rig was very relaxing, but the Qs and for
sure mults suffered some. In addition to having two K3 XCVRS, I also have two
sets of beverages. Well, the long set decided to have issues with the NE and NW
beverage. I didn’t realize this before the contest started, but the noise
levels were WAY up on those so I moved my short set to be RX Ant In and the long
ones on AUX to act as diversity when selected. The short ones are fine for 40
but not so fine on 80 and 160. Have work to do before the ARRL 160 CW this
coming weekend. Otherwise this was a fun contest. LOTS of activity, LOTS of DX
mults, and LOTS of 10 meters.

One of my HIGHLIGHT Qs was breaking the pileup for 7Q6M. That was one HUGE
pileup and I just could not get through. Then I heard something that many of the
callers didn’t immediately hear. The OP sent UP!!  After moving my XMIT up
1Khz I got through on the third call.

Sunday afternoon turned into a very casual operation due to basketball and
football games. Yes, my score could have been higher if I kept my BUTT IN THE
CHAIR, but I had fun mixing my time.

Thanks for all the Qs – and a real big THANKS to some really EXCELLENT ops
that pulled my call out when I didn’t think it was possible.

73,
Bruce N1LN