[3830] CQWW CW VE3VN SO(A)SB40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 28 08:52:54 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: VE3VN
Operator(s): VE3VN
Station: VE3VN

Class: SO(A)SB40 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   40: 2231    37      122
Total: 2231    37      122  Total Score = 921,723

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I wasn't keen on an all out SO effort so I decided to focus on one band, and
exploit spots for mult hunting. I didn't get my big 40 meter yagi up until last
December so this was my chance to put it to the test in CQ WW. I had to scramble
before the contest to fix a couple of technical problems in the shack and
everything worked as it should during the contest.

I'm pretty happy with the result having surpassed my 2000 Q objective. I never
really ran out of stations to work. I still failed to work a bunch of mults due
to factors outside of my control.

It was fun to make use of some fascinatingly unusual and productive 40 meter
paths during daylight (my end or theirs) that mostly go unnoticed outside of
major contests. With high and low yagis you can experience how the optimum
elevation angle changes during sunrise and sunset periods.