[3830] CQWW CW K3WJV SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 28 11:31:41 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 41
OpMode: SO2R

  160:   28    10       15
   80:  300    19       76
   40:  416    29       97
   20:  606    32      110
   15:  570    28      107
   10:  140    24       70

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Only 29 more Q's than last year but 105 more mults.  I was 25K points from 3 meg
last year so was happy to hit well over 3 meg this time.  This is also the first
time I checked the so2r box on 3830 in a major test even though I have been so2r
since 2016.  Since I never made any Q's s&p when running I was in reality
so1r but having 3 high bands that were all open at the same time in the same
direction allowed me to squeeze some Q's in on the other station when my run
would permit.

Of my 2060 Q's I only ran for 403 of them but sure had a ton of fun actually
operating so2r for a change.  Until this contest I had only really done so2r in
the cwts making Q's on 2 radios at the same time.  Nowhere to go but upwards,
hi.

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

K4 & Acom 2000a
K3/P3 KPA1500

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron controller
40m/80m/short 160(traps) Inv vees @ 40ft
Rx ant - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbog

SO2R(2 keyboard) >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
VA6AM triplexer with high power BPFs 10-20mtrs
N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger