[3830] ICWC MST KY4GS LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 28 15:12:37 EST 2022

                    ICWC Medium Speed Test - 1900Z Nov 28

Call: KY4GS
Operator(s): KY4GS
Station: KY4GS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  51  Mults = 42  Total Score = 2,142

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

I was late because of a ragchew about 28 wpm on the frequency where I was going
to call CQ. Another contester began calling CQ on top of a fast back and forth
ragchew with a non-contester. I could have stood the noise using my filters, but
realistically nobody was willing to endure that in the MST (with such low
participation). His big signal was very close to me. (I wrote down the frequency
of my ragchew and have the frequency I answered him on.) Please listen before
calling CQ at the beginning of a contest. Some rag chewers will just QSY, but
when you do it on top of another contester trying to drum up some participation,
it's just rude. Maybe it's my problem and I should run with narrow filters (like
blinders), but I have started to appreciate keeping the filters rather wide.
Rant over.

So I had a very slow beginning on 20 and finally resorted to S&P. If only I
could have started out with the run that I had at the end on 40 meters!