[3830] CQWW CW M6T M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 28 18:26:45 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: M6T
Operator(s): G4BUO G4TSH G2NF DJ4MZ DJ4MX DJ2MX G4MJS G4PIQ G0PZA G4AFF G4BWP G0DVJ G0EGW
Station: M6T

Class: M/M HP
QTH: JO02RF

  160:  1010    20       79
   80:  2204    36      121
   40:  3822    38      140
   20:  2619    39      143
   15:  1840    36      138
   10:  1471    35      139
-------------------------------

Wow – two CQWW weekends in a row where we’ve got away with the weather. We
had some strong-ish winds and some torrential rain has turned the site into
marshland with added mud – but we also had some beautiful weather for bits of
setup and teardown.

As in the SSB leg, the high bands were in better shape than they have been for a
few years, but the flux wasn’t high enough and the K index low enough to
deliver the really long deep runs which we hope for to build really big scores.
10m was closed by 1800, 15m largely so by 1830, and 20m only really clung on
until 2000. I thought that LF (well 40 and 80) were in better shape than during
the SSB leg. There were some disturbance on Northerly paths (particularly Sunday
evening), but all 3 nights were productive to the US, and a quick check at the
log says we worked a record (for us) 1369 USA QSOs on 40m. Night #1 on 40m was
fantastic with the first 5 hours delivering 999 QSOs – just 1 QSO short of an
aggregate 200 / hour rate for 5 hours.

Zone 34 was missed on all bands and Africa was very thin on the ground again;-(
Some multipliers took an awful lot of calling – but perseverance often paid
off. As usual towards the end of the contest, some apparent multipliers showed
up on the cluster and were immediately descended on by a brutal pile-up. Many of
them turned and ran away – or were they even there at all?

Many thanks to our German friends Simon, DJ4MZ, Mario DJ2MX and Sven DJ4MX for
making the effort to travel from Germany to spend 6 days in a muddy field in
Suffolk taking a full part in the build and teardown on the station.

Congratulations to TK0C for another awsome performance in M2 from TK - amazing
numbers.

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs, and look forward to seeing you in the next
one.

73,

Andy, G4PIQ for Team M6T

160m : Ops : G2NF, G0PZA, G4MJS, G4BUO
K3 + FT1000MP + Acom 2000
26m tall T + Inv-V Dipole @ 28m
180m Beverages NW, SE, NNE/SSW. 9 circle.

80m : Ops : G4TSH, DJ4MZ
2 x K3 + Ten Tec Titan
4sq + Inv-V Dipole @ 20m
180m Beverages NW, SE, NNE/SSW, 9 circle

40m : Ops : G4PIQ, DJ4MX, G0DVJ
2 x K3 + Acom 2000
3el @ 30m + 402CD @ 30m
180m Beverages NW, SE, NNE/SSW, Dipole @ 10m