[3830] CQWW CW WN4AFP SO(A)AB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 28 22:53:05 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: WN4AFP
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WN4AFP

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: SC

   80:   45    11       23
   40:  236    19       68
   20:  210    24       75
   15:  257    21       77
   10:  101    19       45

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

This was my all time best single-op effort in the CQWW CW!

My station: IC-706MK2 with an 80m OCF dipole at 50' running 95w. I never have to
worry about where to point my 'yagi'.

Things didn't go exactly as I had planned, but they still went well. I had a
'real-life' issue that took me away from my shack for the first five hours of
the contest. I was able to make a few Qs using my iphone/remote. I got back to
the shack around 0530z for a few hours. When rates become slow, got a couple of
hours of sleep and started back up early Saturday morning. I was amazed to hear
the high bands roaring with stations around 1100z or so. I rolled solid until
1700z, when I stopped to watch the 'Clemson Carolina game' and I'm very glad
that I did. The Univ. of South Carolina won the game by one point, 31-30. I had
to watch the game until the very end. I made 45 Qs during the time-outs and
half-time. Returned the shack after the victory ready to kick-it until 0600z
Sunday. I missed the openings on Sunday morning and had a couple of commitments
during the early afternoon. I worked it solid during the last three hours of the
contest.

Cool things...
- Fantastic 10m and 15m propagation.
- Busted the 4U1UN huge pile on 40m with 10 mins left in the game.
- Worked a ton of my CWOps friends.
- Worked 3B9KW, 3B8M, OX3XR, OX7AM, FR8UA and more.
- Four QRQ QSOs with CR6K.

Some data...

849 Qs which was an all time record as a single-op.
96 DXCC entities and 26 CQ zones.

Average hourly rate was 33 QSOs/hour for 25 hours.
(5 hours) iPhone remote rate was 8 QSOs/hour.
(20 hours) Home shack QSO rate was 40 QSOs/hour.

Best QSO Rate for 10 minutes period 78 QSOs/hour at 2022-11-26 12:36:00
Best QSO Rate for 30 minutes period 62 QSOs/hour at 2022-11-26 12:47:00
Best QSO Rate for 60 minutes period 57 QSOs/hour at 2022-11-27 17:15:00

It was fun chasing and following my fellow Swamp Fox warriors.

See y'all next year!

73 Dave WN4AFP