[3830] CQWW CW WQ6X(@W7AYT) SO(A)AB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 29 01:03:05 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: W7AYT

Class: SO(A)AB QRP
QTH: Concord, Ca.
Operating Time (hrs): 18:18

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:   10     8        7
   20:    4     4        3
   15:   27     9       13
   10:   71    14       19

This is another WQ6X Dual-OP operation from the SF East Bay (EB)section,
altho I was originally scheduled to run QRP from our alternate remote
station in So. California.  At the 11th hour, NX6T put together a 4-OP
multi-OP GiG, leaving WQ6X to cobble together a QRP operation from W7AYT's
QTH in the SF East Bay.  Running the 2am shift w/NX6T gave me time to play
around as WQ6X and explore running my 3rd QRP operation from the SF East Bay.
For the last several contest weekends, 10-meters has been THE band for WQ6X
operations.  Having a 10m 3-el Long John yagi certainly makes all the
difference on 10-meters.
Running the FT-2000 audio thru a pair of Autek QF-1A filters gave me my
favorite operating technique: Stereo-CW (search my Blog for more info on that).
Being so used to running 100 watts, it was amazing how well a mere 5-watts
managed to put QSOs into the log.  All to often, the secret was TIMING -
sending
the WQ6X callsign during the lull between other calling stations.
Luckily, space-WX disruptions didn't set in until AFTER the contest was over.
While NX6T clearly took 1st-place for W6, it may be that WQ6X garnered a W6
1st-place for QRP as well.
You can read more about all this at: http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com