[3830] CQWW CW N2YO(@NR4M) SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 29 01:54:51 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: N2YO
Operator(s): N2YO
Station: NR4M

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 44
OpMode: SO2R

  160:   29    10       18
   80:  452    20       81
   40: 1128    31      117
   20:  863    36      126
   15:  630    28      115
   10:  448    25      100

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The multi-op activity ar NR4M has been canceled, and I was happy to accept
Steve's generous invitation to operate from the Goat(less) Farm. The setup was
excellent and the station operated beautifully. One problem was the 160 antenna
(2 el vertical array) which developed a high SWR before the contest. I missed
most of the Euopean multipliers on this band because they couldnt hear my
signal. Propagation was great but it could have been even better, considering as
a reference the phone edition at the end of October. Solar flux was not that
high in the past weeks, and unfortulately the planetary K-index was 3 and 4
during the weekend. Conditions on 80 and 40 were much better than expected.
First night I wasted time trying to sleep but I couldn't, probably I had too
much coffee. Second night I had a three hours nap, but when I woke up at 6am, 20
was already wide open. I may beed a better sleep management.
Thanks for the Qs!
Many thanks go to Steve NR4M for allowing me to operate his great station at
Locust Grove VA.

73 de Chip N2YO