[3830] CQWW CW FG/VE3RSA SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 29 07:30:36 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: FG/VE3RSA
Operator(s): VE3RSA
Station: FG/VE3RSA

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Very lightweight operations with K2 and fan dipole for 20-15-10 and wire
vertical with 2 radials for 40. Had some keying problems and had to revert to
fully manual sending which made things intersting ! :-)  Amazing conditions.
Heard many exotic calls from this location.. realize i have to practice managing
a pileup better but frankly was not really expecting to be heard well enough to
generate one.  Felt a bit more comfortable on day 2 and thanks to those who were
patient and slowed down for me .  Have to learn more about Carribean propagation
patterns ..so if anyone has a suggestion on more info let me know. I read W0YK's
article "QRP Is!" on the 6Y QRP expedition with interest and  he
mentions some of these (Water and fluttery signals) .  I have a list of many
things I will do differently 'next time' especially on improving the operator.
Great contest as always . Tom