[3830] CQWW CW C4W(5B4WN) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 29 08:29:59 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: C4W
Operator(s): 5B4WN
Station: 5B4WN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Cyprus
Operating Time (hrs): 42
OpMode: 2BSIQ
Remote Operation

  160:   94     6       31
   80:  451    13       52
   40: 1525    13       72
   20:  698    24       66
   15:  795    25       72
   10: 1126    22       70

Club: Nicosia Contest Group

Comments:

First attempt at 2BSIQ with the flex remotely. Having tried unsuccessfully for 2
years to convince Flex to improve switching for the 6700 and avoid audio loss
during TX focus change I came to the conclusion that perhaps this is not
possible or not important to them. This means that 2BSIQ with one flex like 6700
is not quite possible (without any audio loss_ as of this moment. SO2R works
well.

Life is too short so I decided to add a 2nd Flex (6400) to bypass this issue.
Unfortunately this was all a last minute thing so didnt have time to thoroughly
test it.
 I was partially successful, some issue with the winkey of the second radio etc
so I ended up using a combination of 2BSIQ and SO2R and SO1R. I reckon I will be
ready to do better next year. Running on an ipad  and an iphone with an audio
switching OTRSP DIY interface locally worked well... but more improvements to be
made for next year.....  My 80m HP BPF also has an issue ...Back to the drawing
board

Big thanks to CT1ILT for telling me how to do 2BSIQ.

Thanks for the QSOs and looking forward to next year

73s
Marios