[3830] CQWW CW WX3B SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 30 08:44:25 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B
Station: WX3B

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Maryland

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   11     3        6
   40:   63     7       24
   20:   79    23       59
   15:   39    21       35
   10:   45    18       35

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This weekend's original plan was to spend a measured block of time each day
horsing around during daylight hours with a goal of a good 10 meter run.

Based on the results of my friends, 10 meters was BOOMING during this contest,
but only until about an hour before I arrived home each day.

A combination of life events caused me to put only several hours each day into
this contest:  a sick dog, worried wife, etc. had me focused more on home than
radio.  I still had fun and turned the event into a study of what can be done
after the band was no longer hot, or BEFORE it got hot.  In the case of 80
meters, I was surprised anybody from Europe answered my CQs before 4:00pm!!  40
wsa open before 2:00pm on Sunday!!  And 160, a band I have a neighbor noise
problem on, well - didn't matter.  I heard several Slovanian stations before
4:30 well enough to attempt a QSO, and they did not hear me.  It was fun to hear
that band open so early.

I have a close friend that deserves an honorable mention in this event - and
that is Steve NY3A who had his person best score and enjoyed practicing his
2BSIQ using LOW POWER this past weekend and he had one heck of a score -
hopefully #1 in his category.  Steve's score definitely looked more like a high
power result.  Way to go, my friend!!

Next up at WX3B:  NY3A and I are going to do a competitive multi/two with some
other friends in January's NAQP CW.  Will we beat W2FU?  Probably not, however I
do hope we make well over 2,000 QSOs in this event!!

My best wishes to everyone for the upcoming Christmas/Holiday season and for
2023.

73,

Jim  WX3B

73,