[3830] CWopsT VE3NRT Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 30 09:13:58 EST 2022

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Nov 30

Call: VE3NRT
Operator(s): VE3NRT
Station: VE3NRT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ON

Total:  114  Mults = 114  Total Score = 12,996

Club: Long Island CW Club

Comments:

Interesting morning. It didn't seem as crowded or busy on 40 as in past weeks.
Maybe conditions, CQ WW hangover, or my imagination. One thing I seem to be
getting over is the mid-hour fuzziness. I think it is simply a wandering mind,
meaning that CW is a lot like meditation, if you mind wanders, then you start
thinking about your mind wandering, then everything goes out the window. I
maintained focus a little better.

That still leaves QRM, XYL interruptions, pile-up ambiguity, dropping things,
sipping a cup of tea at the wrong time to get past. The first running frequency
I tried has this weird QRM I heard during CQ WW as well. So before the start I
found a new frequency about 2kHz up. The QRM found me there as it seems to
wander around. Fortunately after a few minutes it wandered off again.

I appreciate all the calls. Fantastic hour. Looking forward to this afternoon
and tonight, at least for 20 minutes or so.

73,
Chris VE3NRT

Elecraft K3, KPA500 if HP
SteppIR DB18E @43\', 80M Dipole @35\', 4-el 6m Yagi @49\', 7-el 2m Yagi at 46\'