[3830] CaQP AH7RF SO QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 2 02:01:41 EDT 2022

                    California QSO Party - 2022

Call: AH7RF
Operator(s): AH7RF
Station: AH7RF

Class: SO QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): .75

--------------------
Total:   1      0  Mults = 1  Total Score = 1

Ok, one point!  I had other things going on today (work, as well as the ARRL SET
exercise), which kept me busy for most of the day. So I wasn't able to try
anything until about 5 or 5:30pm.

I operate from my car, I use my KX2, I park at a beach, stack antenna on top,
and then I'm all set!

The first beach I tried, there was absolutely no parking, so I bailed on it, and
went to another beach.

The other beach, I'm not as familiar with, but it's not far from Honolulu, and
you can park right next to the water. I like it!  When I got there, I saw a
group of cars just like mine parked - they were having some sort of meetup!
Well, I drove past them and parked not far away, and set up my antenna. I'm sure
they were confused!

I spent about 15-20 minutes listening to 20m, nothing that sounded like the
party, so swapped verticals to try 40m. That's where all the action was!  I
tried a few, they didn't hear me, then shortly after someone heard me, so I made
a contact. By then, it was dark, and I noticed the park clearing out - it seems
to be one of the ones that closes right after dark. Ahh... End of my fishing for
contacts for tonight. :)