[3830] CaQP KH6AQ SO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 2 18:10:46 EDT 2022

                    California QSO Party - 2022

Call: KH6AQ
Operator(s): KH6AQ
Station: KH6AQ

Class: SO HP
QTH: Pahoa, HI
Operating Time (hrs): 16:18

  160:    0      0
   80:   33      0
   40:   64      3
   20:   97     29
   15:  127     10
   10:   34      0
--------------------
Total:  355     42  Mults = 52  Total Score = 59,748

My first time in the CAQP and it was fun one. A few ups and down with a few
solar flares with the bands recovering quickly. This was one of the very few
times I've tried SSB and the brand new, untested headset caused an RF feedback
issue that made the amp unusable on 15 meters. I ended up running 100W SSB on
15m and snagged 10 Qs. It was nice to see 10 meters open for several hours on
Saturday and Sunday. As is usual for contests casual ops appeared in the last
half hour to provide much needed Qs. The slower ops came on Sunday and I'm glad
they did. Mahalo to all for the Qs and many repeats. 73.

FTdx-10 plus AL-811 amp (572B tubes) at 600W RF output
6BTV trap vertical for 80/40
Hexbeam at 33' for 20/15/10