[3830] CaQP AE6Y SO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 2 18:53:16 EDT 2022

                    California QSO Party - 2022

Call: AE6Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: AE6Y

Class: SO HP
QTH: SCLA
Operating Time (hrs): 21
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    28    11
   20:   369   172
   15:   247   105
   10:   132    86
--------------------
Total:  1216   470  Mults = 57  Total Score = 261,516

Club: Mother Lode DX/Contest Club

Comments:

Great conditions, but not for me.  This is the worst score I've had in many
years, and it's due to a new noise source that I just heard a few days ago.
Some kind of impulse (switcher?) noise on ALL bands! I almost gave up, but
instead ran the whole contest with the noise blankers on in my K3 and IC-7600.
That certainly helped, but also caused some distortion and increased intermod.
There were many stations that called that I just couldn't pull out of the noise,
though they had decent signals.  For comparison, my average rates in 2021 were
95/hr on phone and 90 on CW; this year they were 80 on each mode.

 I got spoiled last year when VY1CO called in the very first hour, and I made a
sweep in 4 hours. This year at the end of four hours I had 51 mults, and never
did hear an NT station. Oh well, them's the breaks of contesting!

 My apologies to all the stations who concluded (rightfully) that I was an
alligator for not being able to pull out their signals.

 73, andy ae6y