[3830] CaQP K0XF SO LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 2 20:21:21 EDT 2022

                    California QSO Party - 2022

Call: K0XF
Operator(s): K0XF
Station: K0XF

Class: SO LP
QTH: Colorado

  160:    1      0
   80:   38     11
   40:   58     19
   20:  108     63
   15:   38     12
   10:
--------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

I missed the first 4.5 hours of the contest attending the US Air Force Academy
vs. Navy football game - I live only a couple of miles from the Air Force
Academy and am a big supporter, and yes we won, Yea!  Just decided to answer
some CQ's and help others out, but conditions on 20 / 40 / 80 were very good and
I was surprised at all the participation and counties that I was working, so I
decided to put in more time and see what I could do.  Very surprised that I
ended up with 55 out of 58 counties!  Conditions on 15 (to California) were very
poor here both days, interesting with the shifting solar conditions Sunday
afternoon.  First time to use a new doublet antenna installed ~ 60' up and it
performed very well.  So not a bad score considering everything, especially
since I was running low power with only
the doublet wire antenna.