[3830] CaQP K9CT SO(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 2 21:19:20 EDT 2022

                    California QSO Party - 2022

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: SO(A) HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 20
OpMode: SO2R

  160:   14      0
   80:   58     27
   10:   91     83
--------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Thanks for all the QSOs....especially K6QPL and N3KA for their mobiling
exploits!

10m was helpful for about an hour Saturday afternoon and the last hour on
Sunday. It was nice to have activity on both 10 and 15 with some good signal
strengths. It seemed the propagation was a moving target. Sometimes it seemed
like someone pumped the brakes on Sunday as the signal levels would drop and
then slowly come back. Bands were mostly quiet with some pops on 80 and 160.

Congrats to K5TR on a great competition online. I left for 90 minutes for dinner
with my wife Saturday night and he put some QSOs in the log. I tracked him down
before I left to sleep but he slogged putting more Qs in the log and I was never
able to reach his QSOs total. The only difference between out scores looks like
points for CW and SSB.

I focused on the sweep out of the chute and nailed everyone on CW as they
appeared. I got down to MADE. KG6BXW came back to a SSB run with MADE at 2008Z
for the sweep in just over 4 hours! What a relief as it looked fairly tough to
do with the spreadsheet of activity on the CQP website.

There were lots of callers that were out of CA. I logged most of them but I
found out it used a number for zero points! Many hams that were not in the
contest had CQP explained and then worked. I hope they worked many stations and
come back next year.

Thanks for all the fun!

73, Craig K9CT