[3830] CaQP W6IA M/M CntyLineExp LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 2 23:46:51 EDT 2022

                    California QSO Party - 2022

Call: W6IA
Operator(s): W6IA W7EEE
Station: W6IA

Class: M/M LP
Class Overlay: CntyLineExp
QTH: MONT/SBEN
Operating Time (hrs): 9:20

   20:  260     92
   15:  270    132
   10:   60     82
--------------------

Club: West Valley ARA

Comments:

We operated from 2,700 feet on the MONT/SBEN county line. We had heat, and flies
all over the place, on the first day and a socked-in foggy morning on the second
day where we could not even see our antennas from our operating positions.  The
views, and the sunsets, over Monterey Bay were amazing and the near zero noise
levels on all of the bands on which we operated really make all of the work that
goes into expeditions worth it.  We could hear well and could pull out the weak
ones most of the time. Having 10 and 15 meters open was a huge bonus and really
added to the overall enjoyment of the contest.

If you are a phone station from New Mexico, and you get a NIL from us, my
apologies. We worked and I blew it on the log and accidentally erased your
callsign. Sorry about that!!

Thanks to all of the great ops with special mention to all of the VE stations;
Canada really turned out this year on all bands and modes!  We missed ND, NT and
(please, don't laugh) Utah. Utah? How is that possible? Normally Utah is in the
log in the first 10 minutes of the contest on 40 meters.

See you next year!

73, Mark W6IA and Tim W7EEE