[3830] CaQP NH6O SO QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 3 04:34:03 EDT 2022

                    California QSO Party - 2022

Call: NH6O
Operator(s): NH6O
Station: NH6O

Class: SO QRP
QTH: Honolulu HI

--------------------
Total:   6      0  Mults = 4  Total Score = 72

5w park portable - Elecraft KX3, tree-supported vertical EFHW

>From my experiences in 0300z CWops tests, I thought I had planned the perfect
window for working California stations - 0z-6z, primarily 20m with likely
opportunity on 15. I also set up an extra-long wire for 40m use after local
sunset.

Alas, the 20 meter opening never materialized for me. I could hear stations, but
they were all faint throughout the Hawaii afternoon. I did manage 2 15m
contacts, but conditions weren't much better there. And after the sun set, my
longer wire didn't seem any more effective than my usual 31-foot wire, only
eking out 4 stations with difficulty.

Hoping for better conditions next year!
73,
Bob in Honolulu NH6O,  ex-AA6OC