[3830] CaQP KF6NCX SO(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 3 17:34:30 EDT 2022

                    California QSO Party - 2022

Call: KF6NCX
Operator(s): KF6NCX
Station: KF6NCX

Class: SO(A) HP
QTH: BUTT

  160:
   80:   28      0
   40:    5      0
   20:  109      3
   15:  111      6
   10:   39      4
--------------------
Total:  292     13  Mults = 51  Total Score = 45,543

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

In an old country song about a "honky-tonk angel,"  there's a line
that says "you think if only she could be your own, you'd be more contented
than a king on his throne."
The song came to mind when a took a break from CQP late Saturday afternoon after
a couple of busy hours of working pretty much one station after another.
After all that, I actually felt as "contented as a king on his
throne."  A great feeling.
But the point of the song is that it's an illusion to believe the
"honky-tonk angel" would bring anyone true contentment.
I was thinking my fine afternoon of operating was a true source of contentment,
and I believe it was.
However, just as with a real king, a happy reign may not last long.  Very soon
I was mired in trouble!  Saturday evening, my amp stopped working when I got on
80 meters and for some reason 40 seemed to be empty  (although I'm told it was
actually anything but empty).  I don't know what was going on.
Anyway 100 watts on 80 meters worked well and Saturday night I spent time
working CA stations and some in other states around the West.  Even a few more
distant states on 80, too.
Sunday morning, the amp was working again, so I felt more kingly again.
I was really pleased to find 15 open a lot of the weekend, and also 10 meters
open.  That was super.
I was surprised that many out-of-state guys I heard calling "CQ
California" had really large numbers of QSOs.
The contest was sure a lot of fun!  It really is great to be the "DX"
and have everyone wanting to call you.

Thanks so much for the QSOs!
73,Larry